We are ARLA Registered, RICS and NAEA certified.
Portfield Garrard & Wright have been successfully letting and managing properties for over 20 years.
We offer exceptional services and fairness and integrity for both landlords and tenants which are at the heart of our business.
Our main services are detailed below but if you require a bespoke package, let us know and we’ll see if we can accommodate.
We offer a fair rental appraisal at competitive prices.
Option 1 – Fully managed.
Included within this service is:
- A rental appraisal, marketing and advertising a property (both press advertising and all website advertising, to let board and office displays.
- Accompanied viewings.
- Finding a tenant
- Carrying out all necessary referencing procedures on the prospective tenant (with a rental guarantee option)
- Drawing up the legal tenancy agreement
- Registering the bond and associated administration.
- Preparation of inventory.
- Managing repairs and maintenance.
- Managing rent collection including accounts and administration.
- Serving relevant notices and dealing with rental renewals
- Notifying utilities of change of tenants and meter readings.
Option 2 – Let only service.
Included within this is:
- All advertising including boards, local advertising and listings on national websites.
- Finding a tenant
- Accompanied viewings
- Carrying out all reference procedures and credit checks on the prospective tenant
- Drawing up the tenancy agreement
- Notifying the utilities of the change of tenant and meter readings
In this instance once a tenant has moved in, we would normally have no further dealings in terms of rental collection or maintenance.
This is only a very brief synopsis to cover the basics. For more information 01302 327341 or contact us via e mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view the Tenant fee schedule
FEES TO LANDLORDS
FULLY MANAGED SERVICE:
- We will prepare the necessary tenancy agreement in respect of the lettings and will ensure that all necessary notices under the Rent Acts or Housing Acts are served on the tenants prior to commencement of the tenancy and at the termination.
- In consideration of our agreeing to manage the letting of the above said property on behalf of yourselves we will be entitled to a commission of 12 % including VAT of the gross monthly rental, to be deducted by ourselves each calendar month. This includes collection of rent, pursue non-payment of rent, deduct commission & any works agreed, undertake two inspection visits per year and notify the landlord of the outcome, arrange routine repairs and instruct approved contractors.
- A bond will be charged to the tenant as insurance against any defect or damage which may result from mis-use of the property. The bond will be held in the Deposit Protection Service scheme and returned to the tenant on his departure subject to the property being in a satisfactory condition.
- A setting up charge of £360 (including VAT) will be made for each new tenancy agreement, covering costs of: Preparing tenancy agreements and serving relevant notices, informing the relevant utilities of change of tenants, preparing inventory list (depending on size of property) and checking out inventory lists and covering key accompanied viewings.
- If a landlord requests a credit check/credit reference for potential tenants an additional fee of £36.00 (inc vat) applies
- Every month we will pay to you the net amount of rent held by ourselves in respect of the letting of the said property, less our commissions as herein before mentioned and the cost of any repairs specifically authorised by yourself.
- In the unlikely event that the landlord needs to take a tenant to court over non payment of rent or in order to obtain vacant possession, all legal and court costs are to be borne by the landlord. A charge of £120 including VAT per hour will be charged if we are asked to attend court.
- Portfield Garrard & Wright will not be responsible for any costs in relation to late payment or non payment of rent by the tenant or other parties.
- LET ONLY SERVICE: 12% including VAT of the gross rent for the term of the tenancy (subject to minimum fee of £420 including VAT). An inventory will not be included as part of the service but can be supplied at £120 including VAT.
- It will be the landlord’s responsibility to register the bond with an approved bond protection scheme.
- In accordance with RICS regulations, Portfield Garrard & Wright Ltd operate a Complaints Handling Procedure. Any complaint should be sent in writing to the company’s registered office addressed to the senior director.
If a complaint cannot be resolved by the company’s Complaints Handling Procedure, there is a redress mechanism to The Property Ombudsman (TPO) or the Surveyors Ombudsman Service (SOS) for individual complainants or the Surveyors Arbitration Scheme (SAS) where the complainant is a business.
Portfield Garrard & Wright Ltd will endeavour to acknowledge a complaint within 7 days of receiving same and to respond fully within 28 days of the receipt of the complaint.
Further details of the Complaints Handling Procedure can be obtained by contacting the company’s registered office.
Client Money Protection (CMP) is provided by RICS